Feb 12, 2018

Photos: 36-year-old Bayelsa governorship aspirant allegedly attacked by suspected armed robbers

Young governorship aspirant, Vijah Inowei Eldred Opuama, was attacked by three armed young men in Yenagoa

The 36-year-old said he will be running for Governor of Bayelsa State come 2019.

 

According to Opuama, he was with a female companion when they were confronted by the assailants on Friday, February 9. Read his post below:

"I was attacked tonight at about 21:15 on Greenvilla  Road Biogbolo, Yenagoa.

Three young adults in a tricycle. They pointed pistol at me and Rubby Ebika Amaebi. The young man pointing the pistol at me said I should bring everything that was on me.

I told him, I had nothing for him. He said " I go shoot you"

To cut the long story short the picture below is what they did to my face with their gun.

Now I have a scarred face.

I designed a security programme in 2016 called the God's Eye Project but they would not let me present it to the governor. This would have made Yenagoa the safest city in Africa.  I know Governor Dickson would have implemented it or  at least part of it.

In November, 2017 I wrote a policy called  Electronic Device Protection Policy. This policy would have reduced phones theft and its occasioning crimes  in this state by 60% in the first month of its kick off but the policy is still with me. The government is too closed in to share anything to His Excellency.

Maybe I just have to wait till I have the opportunity to become the governor and implement my ideas to keep my state safer.

#salvagebayelsa
#VOCA.

More photos below...

 



credit: Linda Ikeji's Blog http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/2/photos-36-year-old-bayelsa-governorship-aspirant-allegedly-attacked-by-suspected-armed-robbers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment